The fifth edition of the New York Travel Festival will be held from April 20 to 23 in different iconic places of The Big Apple under the catchy slogan « Is travel an integral part of your life? Then the New York Travel Festival is for you. »
The New York Travel Festival is a major event of the travel industry. It is as attractive for professionals already in the field as for job seekers in tourism and travel lovers. Tour operators, speakers, media, start-ups, long distance travelers, people who are changing careers or merely curious, the New York Travel Festival is definitely the perfect event for all travel lovers.
New York Travel Festival’s schedule
Lectures about professionnel travel making will be given by experts during these four days, as well as introductions of the latest start-ups in the field of travel and tourism (travel planners, apps, assistance, facilitators, items, cloud…). This event also serves as an opportunity for people in career transition and young job seekers to meet recruiting companies in this business sector and to network to make entry into the world of travel easier.
This event takes place in different places in the city :
- April, Thursday 20 and Friday 21 - NYU Woolworth Building - 15 Barclay St.
- April, Saturday 22 - Bohemian National Hall
- April, Sunday 23 - Hostelling International NYC
Innovations 2017 in New York !
Once you get there, the city is yours ! Explore it ! Whether it is the first time you come to New York or you want to discover it a different way, plan your own tailor-made trip in New York with a local tour guide offering perfect itineraries according to your expectations and the festival’s schedule.
To give a taste of things to come, here are some New York innovations in 2017 :
- Higher than the London Eye : a Ferris wheel is located on the north side of Staten Island nearby the ferry terminal. Lift up 210 yards above ground and enjoy breathtaking views of New York Bay.
- Visit world-renowned New York museums and enjoy the new exhibition of French artist Francis Picabia’s works in the Museum of Modern Art. The Guggenheim focuses on Chinese contemporary art with the special exhibition entitled « Tale of our time ». Change of scene, in a literal sense, in the Whitney Museum aisles with « MPA : Red in view » taking you to Mars.
- New York opens one-of-a-kind exhibition : dive into the Pacific ocean waters from Times Square ! Discover the great white shark and his undersea friends with Ocean Odyssey on nearby 8th Avenue.
- After the High Line, discover zip line : the Bronx Zoo launches a gigantic 130-yard death slide 15 yards above ground running over zoo animals.