18 days in Peru :
The Inca civilization was the largest pre-Columbian civilizations, Cuzco being its capital. Discover the magnificent Inca Empire on this 18-day cultural tour in Peru with Pachamama.
Your detailed itinerary in Peru
Day 1 / Arrival
- Arrival in Lima.
- Transfer to the city.
Day 2 / Craft Workshop
- Visit the colonial part and the modern areas of Lima; Miraflores and Larcomar, the bridge sighs of Barranco and the Catacombs of San Francisco.
- Visit the craft workshops to observe the craft process and participate to the activity.
- Return to your hotel.
Day 3 / Paracas
- Visit Archaeology and Anthropology Museum.
- In the afternoon take a bus to the city of Paracas (approx 4 hours).
- Lunch in the bus.
- Check in at hotel.
Day 4 / Nazca
- Excursion to the Ballestas Islands by speedboat where you can see "Candelabro" and to discover a large marine fauna including wolves sea, birds, Humboldt penguins... and many more !
- Journey continues towards Ica by minibus where we will visit the beautiful oasis of Huacachina.
- After we continue to Nazca.
- Arrival and transfer to the hotel.
Day 5 / Arequipa
- Flying over Nazca lines; a set of geometric and zoomorphic figures carved on the surface of the desert.
- Discover a pre-Inca cemetery, Chauchilla.
- Travel in a sleeper bus towards Arequipa.
- Dinner served in the bus.
- Overnight stay at a hotel in Arequipa.
Day 6 / Visit the city
- City tour of Arequipa: Yanahuara watchtowers, the ''Plaza de Armas'' the traditional market of San Camilo, the famous convent of Santa Catalina, Mummy Juanita museum.
- Free time in the late afternoon.
Day 7 / Culinary experience
- Enjoy a gastronomic adventure and purchase the traditional Peruvian products.
- Shopping with a chef in San Camilo Market.
- Get to know the Peruvian cuisine and the preparation of traditional dishes.
- Enjoy a self-prepared lunch.
- Free time afternoon.
Day 8 / Colca's Canyon
- Travel to Colca’s Canyon.
- Discover the reserve of Aguada Blanca and observe the Misti volcano and its lamas.
- Escalate of the Patapampa to enjoy a view on various volcanoes in the central Andes.
- Drive to the charming village of Canocota.
- Accommodation and dinner in a family home.
Day 9 / Puno
- Early departure to the Cruz del Condor.
- Explore majestic condors flying, from a natural viewpoint.
- Visit the local villages of Maca and Yanque.
- Continue your trip to Puno.
- Overnight at hotel.
Day 10 / Lake Titicaca
- Boat trip on Lake Titicaca.
- Stop at one of the islands of the Uros to discover the daily life and customs of the people.
- Transfer to the island of Amantani where accommodation in a family house.
- In the afternoon, climb up to the Pachatata temple to enjoy a view of Peru and Bolivia, along with a beautiful sunset.
Day 11 / Taquile Island
- Travel by boat toward the Taquile Island.
- Visit the main square and observe impressive works of hand-made colourful weaving.
- In the afternoon, return to Puno and transfer to the hotel.
Day 12 / Cuzco
- Travel by bus through the Altiplano and the Vilcanota Valley to Cuzco.
- On the road, quick stop at La Raya Pass (4,300 m).
- Visit (without guide) Raqchi Inca temple and the church of Andahuaylillas.
- Arrival in Cuzco in the late afternoon and transfer to hotel.
Day 13 / Cuzco
- Visit of Tambomachay, the ruins of Kenko, Puka Pukará , the Sacsayhuaman fortress, the Plaza de Armas, the magnificent temple of Koricancha considered as the most sacred and most impressive built by the Incas.
- In the late afternoon you will have your free time.
Day 14 / Sacret Valley of the Incas
- Visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- On the road, see a small exhibition centre Awanakancha where we could contemplate the beauty of the Peruvian Andes.
- Visit Pisac village and its ruins and the fortress of Ollantaytambo.
- Return to Ollantaytambo where night at your free time.
Day 15 / Patacancha
- Travel to the community of Patacancha.
- Discover the culture and participate in the activities of the municipality.
- Visit of the production facilities of Alpaca wool.
- Return to Ollantaytambo to take the train to Aguas Calientes.
- Arrival and transfer to the hotel.
Day 16 / Macchu Picchu
- Climb up to the Machu Picchu.
- Enjoy a tour of the archaeological site.
- Possibility to climb Huayna Picchu to have a beautiful view of the entire region.
- Transfer to the station for the train back to Ollantaytambo.
Day 17 / Salinas de Maras
- Visit the ''Salinas de Maras'' where its inhabitants realize the whole process of extracting natural salt.
- Discover of the circular terraces of Moray, an experimental complex of the Incas.
- Visit of Chinchero, an Inca site.
- Arrival in the city of Cuzco and transfer to hotel.
- Evening at your free time.
Day 18 / Departure
- Transfer to airport and flight to Lima.
- Visit the museum of Largo.
- Transfer to the airport for your international flight connection.