26 days in Peru and Bolivia :
One trip for two countries ! This 26-day adventure with Pachamama offers an once a life time experience in Peru and Bolivia. You will get familiar with the Inca culture, discover the local way of life and explore many amazing landscapes and places such as: Canyon Colca, Lake Titicaca, La Paz, Machu Picchu... and many more !
Your detailed itinerary in Peru and Bolivia
Day 1 / Arrival in Lima
- Arrival in Lima.
- Meeting and transfer to your hotel in the city centre.
Day 2 / Visit the city
- Visit Lima and its colonial part and the modern areas.
- Travel by bus to the city of Paracas.
- Lunch in the bus included.
- Check in to hotel.
Day 3 / Ballestas Islands
- Excursion to the Ballestas Islands by speedboat, where you will be able to see the "Candelabro".
- Discover animals such as wolves sea, birds, humboldt penguins... and many more !
- Travel to Ica by minibus and visit of the beautiful oasis of Huacachina.
- Departure to Nazca.
- Overnight in a hotel in Nazca.
Day 4 / Nazca
- Flying over Nazca lines; a set of geometric and zoomorphic figures carved on the surface of the desert.
- Discover the pre-Inca cemetery Chauchilla.
- Trip in a sleeper bus towards Arequipa.
- Dinner seved in the bus.
- Overnight stay at a hotel in Arequipa.
Day 5 / Arequipa
- Discover the city tour of Arequipa.
- You will see: Yanahuara watchtowers, the Plaza de the traditional market of San Camilo, the famous convent of Santa Catalina and Mummy Juanita museum.
- Free time in the late afternoon.
Day 6 / Colca Canyon
- Travel to Colca’s Canyon.
- Discover the reserve of Aguada Blanca and observe the Misti volcano and its lamas.
- Escalate of the Patapampa to enjoy a view on various volcanoes in the central Andes.
- If you wish, you can enjoy the thermal baths of La Calera in Chivay Drive to the charming village of Canocota (30min from Chivay).
- Accommodation and dinner in a family home.
Day 7 / Cruz del Condor
- Early departure to the Cruz del Condor.
- Explore majestic condors flying, from a natural viewpoint.
- Visit the local villages of Maca and Yanque.
- Continue your trip to Puno.
- Overnight at hotel.
Day 8 / Lake Titicaca
- Boat trip on Lake Titicaca.
- Stop at one of the islands of the Uros to discover the daily life and customs of the people.
- Journey to Kasani-Copacabana to cross the Bolivian border.
- Visit of an association of alpaga wool production.
- Cross of the Bolivian border in Kasani and then travel by private boat from Copacabana to the Moon Island.
- Visit of the community with a local guide.
- Overnight in a community hostel.
Day 9 / The Sun Island
- Visit the Sun Virgen Temple and participate to the local community activities.
- Excursion on the Sun Island.
- Visit the archaeological site of the ''Chinkana''.
- Way back to Copacabana and night at the hotel.
Day 10 / Departure to La Paz
- Today, you'll discover the archaeological sites of the Sun Island.
- Return to Copacabana in private boat.
- After, visit Tiahuanaco archaeological site, where you will appreciate pyramids rests and terraces surrounded by deserted Andean landscapes.
- Arrival in la Paz where overnight at hotel.
Day 11 / Visit La Paz
- Visit the city: the Plaza Murillo, the Governor's Palace, the Cathedral, the National Congress, the traditional market, various museums...
- Return to the hotel for the night.
Day 12 / Uyuni
- Excursion to el Salar de Uyuni.
- Visit the train cemetery.
- Discover Colchani village, a city known for its handmade salt.
- Lunch before continuing towards Alota.
- Overnight at a hotel.
Day 13 / Laguna
- Destination is the Laguna colorada, passing by Ollague active volcano.
- Visit of Laguna Ramaditas and Siloli desert where we can observe the Rock Tree named after its special rock formation.
- Optional walk in the afternoon before spending the night at Huayllajara's inn.
Day 14 / Geisers et lagunes
- Excursion to the Geysers.
- Excursion to Polques' thermal baths.
- Visit of two Lagunas.
- Return to Uyuni where excursion to Rock Valley and Alota, Culpina and San Cristobal villages.
- Overnight at hotel.
Day 15 / Visit of Potosi
- Bus trip to Potosi.
- Discover the National Mint of Bolivia.
- Overnight at hotel.
Day 16 / Rico Hill
- Visit of Rico Hill.
- Travel in private transport towards Sucre, crossing Pilcomayo River.
- Arrival and transfer to the hotel.
Day 17 / Volcano Maragua
- Travel towards the Cordillera de los Frailes.
- Trek up Maragua volcano (6-7 hours of hiking surrounded by stunning mountains).
- Night in a comfortable bungalow on Maragua volcano side.
Day 18 / Volcano Maragua
- Trek and exploration of dinosaur fossils and footprints.
- Explore the community, specialized in Andean weaving.
- Return to Sucre where overnight at hotel.
Day 19 / Towards Puno
- Visit the city of Sucre.
- Transfer to the airport and towards La Paz.
- Travel in a private car to Desaguadero (Peru-Bolivia frontier).
- Continue your journey towards Puno.
- Arrival and transfer at the hotel and free time.
Day 20 / Arrival in Cuzco
- Travel by a bus through the Altiplano and the Vilcanota Valley to Cuzco.
- Brief stop at La Raya Pass (4,300 m), and then visit of Raqchi Inca temple and the church of Andahuaylillas.
- Arrival in Cusco in the late afternoon and transfer to hotel.
Day 21 / Visit Cuzco
- Visit of Tambomachay, the ruins of Kenko, Puka Pukará, the Sacsayhuaman fortress, the Plaza de Armas and the magnificent temple of Koricancha, considered as the most sacred and most impressive built by the Incas.
- Afternoon for your free time.
Day 22 / the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- On the road, see a small exhibition centre Awanakancha where we could contemplate the beauty of the Peruvian Andes.
- Visit Pisac village and its ruins and the fortress of Ollantaytambo.
- Return to Ollantaytambo where night at your free time.
Day 23 / Patacancha and local inhabitants
- Explore the community of Patacancha and its culture.
- Participation in the activities of the municipality, accompanied by a guide who will explain the communal organizational system of the community and its economic base.
- Visit of the production facilities of Alpaca wool.
- Return to Ollantaytambo to take the train to Aguas Calientes, down Machu Picchu.
Day 24 / Machu Picchu
- Climb up to the Machu Picchu.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the archaeological site.
- Possibility to climb Huayna Picchu to have a beautiful view of the entire region.
- Transfer to the station for the train back to Ollantaytambo.
Day 25 / Terraces of Moray
- Discover the circular terraces of Moray and visit the Chinchero.
- Arrival in the city of Cuzco.
- Transfer to hotel where you will spend your last night.
Day 26 / Departure
- Flight to Lima.
- Visit of Lima's Archeology and Anthropology museum.
- Transfer to the airport for your international flight connection.